Synthesis: Anonymity & Circumvention
ADIDS Element Synthesis
Parent Topic(s) Safer Browsing - Anonymity & Circumvention
Duration 20-30 minutes
Ask participants if they have questions before completing the session:
- Answer any questions that were tabled during the session to be answered later - exclude any issues that require one-on-one assistance or explanation, to be addressed independently from the group.
You may also wish to ask specific questions to make sure some concepts are clearly understood:
- Ask participants what was the most useful or interesting thing that they learned during this session.
- Can they describe the difference between circumvention and anonymity?
- Can they describe what a proxy is?
- Can they distinguish between the tools mentioned (or trained on during the Deepening section)? [For example, between a VPN and Tor?]
- Is HTTPS/SSL still important if you use a circumvention tool? Why?
- When would they consider using any of the tools mentioned or covered during this session?
- Remind participants the importance of keeping these tools (as with everything else, such as operating systems) up to date.